Put your Heatlie to use one Sunday morning with a simple, quick and easy pancake recipe.
- 1 egg
- 1 & 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Bicarb Soda
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 25g butter, melted
- Maple Syrup
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowls
- Heatlie BBQ
- Combine milk, egg and vanilla in a bowl with a whisk.
- Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, then stir in sugar.
- Make a well in the centre and add milk mixture. Whisk until just combined, don't overmix.
- Preheat BBQ Plate on high for 2 minutes then turn down to medium.
- Brush BBQ plate with butter.
- Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook pancakes until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add toppings like strawberries, maple syrup, whipped cream etc. as you desire.