Is your Heatlie BBQ looking a bit worse for wear coming out of winter hibernation? If your plate is caked in food scraps, grease and oil, rust or corrosion, it might be time to get some of our recommended cleaning products on board.
This also goes for the exterior body of the BBQ. Whether stainless steel or powder-coated, it's best to keep all surfaces squeaky clean to avoid corrosion-related problems.
This is for use on BBQ and Island Gourmet Elite HOT PLATES ONLY. It works by reacting with the heat from your BBQ plate to turn all the debris on there into a thick and easily removable sludge. This is good for when your plate is beyond needing just a scraping and a complete reset is in order.
However please note that you will never get your plate, whether mild or stainless steel, back to its original shiny silver appearance. They simply aren't designed to stay that way. You still want to leave a slick black coating on there.
It is not recommended to use this after every cook as it will remove the seasoning that is protecting your plate. After using it, you will need to reapply a couple of layers of seasoning. See here for a guide on seasoning your BBQ.
Instructions for using Heat Activated Cleaner
- Use the product full strength - do not dilute.
- Remove any loose and dry build-up on the plate with a scraper.
- Turn the barbecue onto high and leave for 3 minutes.
- Squirt the Heat Activated Cleaner onto the plate and with your scourer gently spread over the whole plate.
- Leave the mixture for a further minute.
- Using a scourer, rub over the plate from edge to edge. Repeat over any area that may be particularly baked on.
- Using the scraper, direct any residue on the plate toward the drain hole.
- Turn the BBQ off and when the heat has subsided wipe it over with a clean damp cloth.
- Remove and clean the fat container.
- Immediately place cooking oil on the plate and heat for 2 minutes. (This will ensure the plate has a protective coating of oil and will not rust.)
- The BBQ plate is now ready for use.
This should now leave your plate refreshed and ready for a summer of cook ups.
Now for the exterior surfaces of the BBQ. No one wants a grotty, grimey looking BBQ. Fingerprints, oil splatters, dirt and dust can all make your BBQ look sub-par on the outside. This is where super contact cleaner comes into play. It can help to keep the surface clean and shiny, which in turn helps protect it from corrosion and degradation.
This is a heavy-duty polish suitable for stainless steel, or powder-coated surfaces.
Spray on the surface and allow 5 to 10 minutes before wiping with a clean cloth
Leave the cleaner on longer for stubborn marks. A scrubbing pad can be used on some surfaces, but beware of damaging the surface. DO NOT use pads on stainless steel products.
The beauty of this product is that it isn't just good for Heatlie products, but you can use it on most of your kitchen equipment as well.
This product can be used on the following surfaces:
Heatlie Island Gourmet Hoods
Heatlie BBQ Lids
Heatlie BBQ Bodies
Polished Stainless Steel
Cold Oven Racks
NOT SUITABLE FOR USE ON HEATLIE HOTPLATES – use the Heat Activated Cleaner
Keeping your BBQ Clean and Happy
These two products will have you set up to keep your Heatlie going for decades and decades. Even better, they come in large 1-litre bottles, so they will last you a long time. Order yours online today!
Check out our YouTube channel for some informative videos on cleaning your hotplate.