Need a quick, easy and delicious dinner to cook on your Heatlie this weekend? Why not try some chicken tacos with a simple Pico de Gallo to top them off. Check out the recipe below!
Makes roughly 4 tacos, adjust as needed.
Spice mix for chicken
• 1 teaspoons chilli powder
• ½ teaspoon ground cumin
• ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• Salt and pepper
• 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
• Canola oil
• Flour or corn tortillas (mini)
Pico De Gallo
• 1 finely chopped small white onion
• 2 tomatoes
• Finely chopped fresh coriander (about 1 bunch)
• 1 Lime
• Pinch of sea salt
1. Combine all spices together and rub them into the chicken breast, achieving thorough coverage. Set aside.
2. Dice tomatoes and onions, combining with coriander, the juice of 1 lime and a pinch of salt. Set aside to let the flavours soak in.
3. Place chicken breast on BBQ and cook through until internal temperature reaches 75°C.
4. As the chicken is nearing completion, place tortillas on BBQ to lightly toast them. You'll know they're done once air bubbles start to form on their surface. Flip and repeat.
5. Once the chicken is complete, transfer to chopping board and dice into small chunks for easy taco filling.
6. Top with Pico de Gallo and enjoy!